When it comes to clean beauty products, no one does it quite like Beautycounter. I’m sharing a round-up of the best Beautycounter products I order over and over and over again.
Why I (Still) Choose Beautycounter
|Of the hundreds of clean beauty brands I’ve tried, Beautycounter has the strictest standards by far. They are the only brand to ban over 1,800 dangerous and questionable ingredients, use third-party testing to ensure safety, assess each ingredient against 23 safety endpoints including reproductive toxicity, and screen their makeup for heavy metals and other contaminants at sourcing, production, and post-production. Phew that’s a mouthful. But that’s just the safety side. |
Not only are their products safe even for the most vulnerable (pregnant mamas and babies), but they are an ethical and sustainable company. They are a certified B Corporation and Leaping Bunny Certified. They lobby Congress to help pass safer cosmetics laws we so desperately need in the US – they’ve helped pass 10 laws since they were founded in 2013.
I know I sound like such a fangirl whenever I talk about Beautycounter, but it’s because I am. They are doing what all companies should be doing – putting people and the planet before profit.
So let’s get to it! Below is a list of my must-haves from Beautycounter. Please note that it was actually super difficult to narrow it down to this list of only 12 I use a lot more of their products than the ones listed below, but I wanted to include only my must-haves, and not nice-to-haves or luxury items I splurge on. These are the products that I make sure to have back-ups so I never run out!
Best Products from Beautycounter
- AHA Mask: This is a newer product but it’s quickly become my most cherished part of Sunday self-care. It takes only 10 minutes and is packed with antioxidants. Phytic acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid and chemical exfoliant used to treat dull skin and hyperpigmentation and prevent premature aging. After just one use my skin was noticeably softer, smoother, and brighter. One jar will get you about 34 uses!
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel: hands down the most transformative product I have ever used. Whereas the AHA mask is the “work horse,” the peel is for maintenance. You only need to use to 1-3x a week so the bottle will last you forever and it SHRINKS your pores, lightens hyperpigmentation and dark spots, completely changes your skin's texture
- All Bright C Serum: the Peel's daytime BFF!! Brightens, evens skin tone + reduces dark spots. Protects skin from damaging environmental stressors (pollution, cigarette smoke, UV rays). I used to pay $160 a bottle for the same amount of Vitamin C from Skinceuticals, but since trying this one, I’ll never look back. It’s half the price for better results.
- Skin Twin Featherweight Foundation: Although most people prefer Dew Skin for every day, Skin Twin has my heart. I love this foundation so much. It doesn’t feel like you’re wearing anything at all. But the best part is it has serum levels of hyaluronic acid in the formula (which serves to plump skin by physically drawing moisture to it) and actually improves your skin’s appearance over time. It’s like makeup and skincare in one!
- Countertime Regimen: Formulated with bakuchiol and Swiss Alpine rose, this anti-aging line is clinically proven to improve skin’s barrier function and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Best part: it’s formulated without retinol so no need to worry about adverse effects and is safe enough for me to use while pregnant and breastfeeding.
This is not medical advice, consult with your doctor if you want to be super cautious.
- Sunscreen: Beautycounter is my top choice for sunscreen. There was a big scandal involving sunscreen in 2021 and I will never look at sunscreen the same way again. I'll choose nontoxic, physical sunscreen forever and always, especially on my kids. Aside from the safety, there are major environmental issues with sunscreen which is another reason why I choose Beautycounter: their formula is reef-safe and they use sustainable packaging.
Some practical info moms need to know:
- I chose the spray as my favorite in this round-up, but this bottle will get you the biggest savings and this stick is the easiest to apply on kids – especially faces. The spray just has a slightly thinner consistency that I prefer but doesn’t last as long as the bottle. One bottle lasts us practically the whole summer!! I use Dew Skin in Medium on my face.
- Beautycounter's sunscreen uses nano-zinc oxide and starts working immediately, so no wait time for it to kick like with chemical sunscreens. It's also water-resistant for 40 minutes.
- Look at the difference between the Beautycounter sunscreen and the one from Badger. Badger’s is also super safe but leaves a pretty glaring white cast. Beautycounter’s rubs in so nicely.
- Refillable Deodorant: The fact that my husband uses it is a testament to how well it works . Seriously though, I love the environmental impact of offering refills. It’s cheaper for us and better for the environment. Plus the coconut scent smells divine – good enough to eat. Weird to say but if you know, you know. Also importantto note, it doesn’t stain clothes and lasts all day.
- Countertime Eye Cream: Hands down the most transformative eye cream — reduced fine lines & brightened my whole eye area. The skin around our eyes ages the fastest since it is so thin and delicate, so I started using an eye cream in my early 20s to be preventative! I never noticed a difference until I tried this one from Beautycounter.
- Sheer Genius Conditioning Lipstick: These seem like a luxury but are actually a necessity. They keep my lips so healthy with the hydrating, multitasking jojoba formula. You can layer on for more color intensity so it can be casual enough for every day or fun enough for date night. Favorite shades: Petal, Rose, Plum, and Raisin.
- Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion: I use this lotion all year round because it adapts to your face so it only absorbs what it needs. You don't end up super dry or super greasy. It uses an airless pump to use less preservatives.
- Brow Gel: A staple in my 5-minute daily beauty routine. Even if I don't wear any other makeup, I typically throw this on for a day of running errands because brows frame the face. The wand applicator makes it so easy to apply and thickens and shapes them so nicely.
- Cream Blush: versatile, hydrating, and super easy to apply. It's fool-proof! It's like adult fingerpainting. The result is dewy and perfect for making skin look healthy and like you just took a yoga class (only minus the sweating). There are so many beautiful shades but my favorite is Truffle.
Almost all of the products listed above are good for any skin type, any gender. The only exceptions are the Countertime line and Countertime Eye Cream, which are best for mature skin (30+) or skin that is not sensitive.
Beautycounter always offers free 60-day returns so you can try anything to make sure you truly love it. It’s hands down the best return policy I’ve ever seen for cosmetics from a brand that is already killing it in everything else!